As a data scientist within Rossel Advertising (Groupe Rossel) in Belgium but also in France (Lille), you will contribute to convert data into actions in order to improve advertising campaigns performance, operational processes and influence strategic decisions. Key results areas are : DMP management, predictive analytics (turnover forecast, inventory management), ad efficiency management (namely CTR optimization), automatization of repetitive advertising operations (operational efficiency), development of natural processing language tools.
You will join the Digital Operations & Optimization team within Rossel Advertising that is responsible for maximizing our global RPM and deliver the best performing and integrated digital campaigns within our qualitative digital contexts in Belgium (Le Soir, SoSoir, Sudpresse, Max, Gocar, CinéTéléRevue, Metro, Immovlan, Gocar, Cinenews, Streamnews, Le Sillong Belge/Landbouwleven, etc.).
• Define, activate and refine audience segments.
• Identify analytical opportunities and generate insights to drive DMP strategy
• Lead data optimization projects based on DMP insights.
• Facilitate new integrations within and outside the platform with digital partners and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities.
• Oversee DMP segment intake process.
• Translate business requests into data requirements, extract the required structured data from our DMP, adservers and other ad tech tools through their API, based on business needs; extract and unstructured data from our data lake (e.g. operational systems) or from external sources (e.g. web scrapping), and prepare medium to large-scale datasets for modelling.
• Identify high-value use cases through data exploration and visualization.
• Develop predictive models using statistical methods (econometrics).
• Pilot prototypes in production processes to demonstrate their value.
• Deploy prototypes to production, with support of IT, to obtain reliable and scalable systems.
• Present your results in a clear manner and discuss them with multi-functional project teams.
• Work in close collaboration with business experts (e.g. for requirement gathering, data source identification, data and process understanding, feature engineering, result validation, etc.), with IT (e.g. deployment to production, etc.), with publishers (Le Soir, Sudpresse, METRO, Cinenews,...)
• Drive and develop DMP management/use and data science best practices and knowledge within Rossel;
• Develop the data science network of Rossel through regular discussions/workshops with other data specialists within the Groupe Rossel, within the Groupe Rossel network, with the Data Science Group of WAN-IFRA (worldwide association of news publishers).
WE OFFER YOU
• To join the first Belgian french-speaking media group;
• A amazing team of 12 great and motivated colleagues;
• To work within a very dynamic, friendly business unit;
• Our hybrid work place (renovated headquarters office, homeworking, regional offices);
• Great offices locations at the very center of Brussels (Rue Royale) and Lille (Grand Place) at walking distance from main train stations (max 10 minutes);
• A nice and varied salary package including a wide range of benefits compliant with your experience;
• The opportunity to build your own career and development thanks to a continuous learning and intrapreneurial environment and the Rossel Campus training programs;
• The opportunity to dedicate time to experimentation;
• International contacts (within and outside Rossel);
• A constantly changing environment with varied, complex business and technical challenges.
You will be based in our Brussels headquarters and will travel to France (mostly Lille) between 3 and 5 times a month (by train), depending on the projects and needs of our Rossel Advertising Team in France;
Degree & Experience
â¢ You hold a master's degree in a quantitative or relevant field (Economics, Computer Science, Business engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics etc.) or evidence of equivalent experience;
â¢ 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a business environment or successful internships or activity in an extracurricular project ;
â¢ Experience interacting with non-technical profiles (product managers/designers, sales/marketing, clients, etc.)
â¢ Strong knowledge of statistical methods;
â¢ Hands-on experience with DMP tools (such as Piano, SF DMP, Lotame, Adobe audience managerâ¦), data science technologies, data science libraries and big data processing frameworks;
â¢ Knowledge of programming languages such as Python (mandatory) and R (nice to have).
â¢ Experience with machine learning;
â¢ Proven proficiency in the end-to-end data science project life cycle, including:
â¢ Translating business requests into data requirements.
â¢ Identifying high-value use cases through proactive data exploration and visualization.
â¢ Developing machine learning solutions (incl. feature engineering, model fitting, etc.).
â¢ Deploying scalable machine learning applications to production.
â¢ Have experience with most of the following: Azure (or similar), Flask (or similar), PyTorch, Tableau (or similar)
â¢ Hands-on experience creating insights from using digital data (ex. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Ad Managerâ¦)
â¢ Hands-on experience with AdTech tools (ad servers, DSPâs SSPâsâ¦)
â¢ Experience with digital campaigns optimization
Attitudes, mindset and values
â¢ You are highly interested in the media industry, you value independent and reliable news;
â¢ You love being on the challenger side and you are not afraid to challenge the status quo;
â¢ You have a strong sense of ownership,
â¢ You have a test and learn mindset;
â¢ Working with a purpose is key for you;
â¢ Strong business acumen;
â¢ You are a team player with strong communication and presentation skills;
â¢ Result-oriented and highly proficient in transforming data into actionable insights that create tangible business value;
â¢ You are able to manage data science projects in an autonomous way and to drive collaboration with domain experts, data engineers and data analysts;
â¢ You value working for a locally-driven and expanding family-owned media group whose mission is to provide citiz
Localisation de l'offre d'emploi: Rue Royale, 100
Contrat Offert: CDI
Expérience requise: 2 - 5 ans exp.
Diplôme requis: Master
ROSSEL & CIE | | email@example.com |